License manager

Kalle Kiviaho kivi at ios.chalmers.se
Wed Apr 28 13:46:15 GMT 1999

"Carey F. Cox" wrote:

> Has anyone successfully incorporated a Win95 app that uses FlexLM
> license manager on a Samba file system. I would be extremely interested
> in talking with you as we are trying to install Parametric Technology's
> ProEngineer on our Samba file server. We do have a copy of the
> Unix version of the license manager, but I am not sure how I can get
> the Win95 client to talk to it.

We have had this running for 6 months now.

First install the licenseserver locally on the to-be license machine.

And after that install the software on a network drive.

The information on how to find the licenseserver is configured during the
software  installation, so the  licenseserver has to be running before the
software installation can be started.

/mvh Kalle Kiviaho - kivi at ios.chalmers.se

I just heard the SEVENTIES were over!!  And I was just getting in touch
with my LEISURE SUIT!!