Win95, sharing printers and drives

Paul Sherwin psherwin at telinco.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 10:02:55 GMT 1999

Roland Thienpoint wrote:
>Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 11:20:38 +0200
>Subject: Win95, sharing printers and drives
>
>I have two computers ROLAND (RedHat 5.2 and Samba) and LINDA
>(Windows95).
[snip]
>The problem that I saw this morning was that the printing still works
>but LINDA can no longer see the shares of ROLAND:-(

[big snip]
Shouldn't be anything to do with printers. I found that the standard RH
Samba setup didn't always recognise when a W95 client had been restarted.
This caused all sorts of strange symptoms. I added
   keep alive = 60
to smb.conf and everything has worked ever since.

Best regards, Paul

Paul Sherwin Consulting    22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone +44 (0)1865 721438   http://www.telinco.co.uk/psherwin/index.htm
Fax   +44 (0)1865 434331   mailto:psherwin at telinco.co.uk
Pager +44 (0)7666 797228