Samba problems with duplica

Rob Wilson rawilson at subcorp.com.au
Wed Sep 16 23:15:52 GMT 1998

Mail*Link® SMTP               Samba problems with duplicate unix usernames

--------------------------------------
Date: 16/9/98 10:54
From: sjgray at marge.subcorp.com.au
Rob - can you please forward this to the list for me.
Thanks.
Sue

We are running samba and using it to map to accounts on a Digital Unix 4.0B
system.

Because we use clustering we have to have two sets of accounts - one
with the uppercase name and one with the same name but lowercase (it's a bit compilcated - but this is what we have!)

Samba seems to try lowercase by default when mapping then uppercase.
This means it is trying to map to the wrong account.
For instance if we have USER1 and user1 as accounts on the same
machine.
And do a net use Z: \\host\USER1 passwd /USER:USER1
This actually tries to map to \\host\user1

Does anyone know of a way to force it to use uppercase with both
accounts present?

TIA
Sue
Sue Gray