WIN98 question?

Carl Combs ccombs at eksystems.com
Wed Sep 16 15:30:41 GMT 1998

Hello,

We are running version 1.9.18p1 on a Dec alpha and have been experiencing
some problems with applications running on some newly installed WIN98
machines. There appears to have been a change to WIN98 from WIN95 and WIN
NT 4.0 where files are left open after an application has been shutdown.
The files remain open until the drive is unmapped from the PC.

Setting the "oplocks" option to be false helps with the open files problem;
files are closed when I feel they should be. My problem now is with corrupt
files. One application, Visual SourceSafe, complains about corrupt files
after a check-in every once in a while.

Does anyone have any info that may help?

Carl Combs