prob: no authority to log on from this station

Casper Larsen qwwwizx at fermi.ruc.dk
Wed Sep 16 16:15:12 GMT 1998

About 3 month ago, I installed samba on a university linux box. I edited
the smb.conf so that filesharing worked for me from a Windows NT 4
workstation. The problem is that it doesnt work anymore, maybe because of
service pack 3? I dont know.

I get this messages when I try to access my home-directory from the NT
workstation:

translated from danish, offcourse:

"no authority to log on from this station"

Samba version 1.9.18p4

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
   workgroup = basis
   server string = fermi
   sercurity = USER

[rbecue]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0770
   path = /home/rbecue
   public = no

[ftp]
   comment = Ftp service
   browseable = yes
   path = /var/web/ftpspace
   read only = yes
   public = yes
   writable=no
   write list = @dkscene @staff

   log file = /usr/local/samba/log.%m

[qwwwizx]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0771
   path = /home/qwwwizx
   public = no
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks

If there is someone who have had the same problem, or just know it, I
would like to know what to do about it.

Furthermore: I use Novell Zen NDS client for Windows NT. Thank you.