2.0.0beta1, NTSP3, MSOffice97

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Mon Nov 23 20:58:19 GMT 1998

Hello!

We have a problem with Office97 and Samba-2.0.0beta1. Trying to open
an file with Word or Execl on an Samba-Share resulsts in "The Path is
invalied" "Can't open read-only file" and so on. Saving is also not
possible: "Path not found", "Filename is invalid".

This may be Name Mangeling, but I think it is something about
looking.
Ouer looking Opinions are the samba-Defaults. They seem to be the
same als with 1.9.18.p3, were we don't have this problems.

beta1 is on RedHad 5.1, 19p3 is on SunOS 4.1.

Anyone come accross this problem bevor?

Thanks,

Christian

  Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Christian Barth

  Universitaet Kaiserslautern
  Lehrstuhl fuer Fertigungstechnik und Betriebsorganisation
  Abteilung Fertigungstechnologie
  Raum 42/472

  Postfach 3049
  67655 Kaiserslautern