connect-time share config

Brian Lalor blalor at hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
Fri Mar 6 13:40:58 GMT 1998

Is there a way to determine the parameters of a share at the time it is
connected to?  I want to set the volume id and comment of my CD-ROM share,
but since those can change at any time I need to dynamically define that
share when it is connected to.  The "include" directive in smb.conf
doesn't do the trick because that's only read at initialization time.  If
that were read at connect time, I could use the preexec command to
generate the appropriate section for that share.  Another solution might
be to just allow samba to include a partial config file, but generate it
from another process (like the automount daemon).

Are any of these possibilities?

B r i a n  L a l o r                         blalor at hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     Spam me not.
   To get my pgp key, put "get pgp key" in the subject of your message

Woody:  Hey, Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you.
Norm:   I know, and if she calls, I'm not here.
		-- Cheers, Bar Wars II: The Woodman Strikes Back