Samba Server on Unix and NT Service Pack 3

ljones lwj0 at gte.com
Tue Jun 30 15:18:31 GMT 1998

Hello all,

I am not a Samba guru by any means and apologize for utilizing the mailing
list resouces for such a basic question/issue. However, I thought it could
not hurt for a layman to ask about a problem I've been  experiencing simply
by upgrading from Windows NT4.0 Service Pack1 to Service Pack3. In a
nutshell, everything was working fine with prior to my NT4.0 Service Pack3
install. After the install I continually get the NT error message "The
account is not authorized to log in from this station".

The is referred to here is a password account but I don't understand the
not authorized from this station part since I have 'allow hosts = all' set
in my global section of smb.conf. Is there something special about Service
Pack3 that I need to account for.