user name and authentication question

Maung, Than maungt at BRAGG.ARMY.MIL
Tue Jun 30 15:38:58 GMT 1998

Hi all,

Question 1).	Is there a way to configure SAMBA to authenticate through NT
domain controller and revert back to UNIX passwd if NT authentication is not
successful?

Question 2). This is more of a HP-UX question. Is there a way to increase
the 8 characters limit to the log in name under HP-UX. If there is a way to
totally ignore the HP-UX passwd file so that I don't have to create users on
the HP and only rely on the NT, I'd really appreciate it. Or am I doing
something wrong in loading SAMBA that I need to create unix users even
though I have
Password server = pdc
Security = server
In my smb.conf file?