Win95/WinNT name mangling / case sensitivity

Klaus Troeger klaus.troeger at de.origin-it.com
Wed Jun 17 12:35:32 GMT 1998

Hello,

could anyone give me a working configuration (only the 3 or 4 lines
required for the desired settings) for our Win95 / WinNT4.0-Clients.

Our samba server: 1.9.18p7

Our customers would drag and drop a file within the browsers from a local drive
(for example C:) to a SAMBA-connetced network drive *WITHOUT* changing anything
within the file name (length, case etc.).

I would be glad to get a solution for *BOTH* OS !

Or is the soloution to set up two servers with different configurations ???
(I hope not ......)

Thanks

  Klaus

P.S. I've already read the smb.conf and all available docu with now success !
     I've bought John D' Blairs book "Integrating UNIX and Windows ...", too !
     (and i've tried a lot .......)

============== REPLY to: klaus.troeger at de.origin-it.com =================
Klaus Troeger			ORIGIN Deutschland GmbH / Technical Automation
Dept. TCSS, UNIX - Services			Thurn-und-Taxis-Str. 10-14
Phone: + 911 9702-1355	Fax: -1257		D-90411 Nuernberg, GERMANY