Multiple UNIX hosts on same LAN?

Chris Cope chrisc at ppsol.com
Fri Jun 5 03:06:52 GMT 1998

I apologize if this is a newbie question, but that is what I am.  I
did check the archives before sending this.

Can SMBD run on multiple Unix hosts at the same time?  While it is
fine on one, some functionality is missing with only one host.
1) you don't get all your UNIX machines listed from Network
Neighborhood
2) getting to /tmp or /etc on various UNIX hosts is not possible.

Is this possible or even needed to address the above two concerns?

Thanks.

Chris Cope              303-444-7257 x109
Pinpoint Solutions
mailto:chrisc at ppsol.com