view samba over the internet???

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Thu Jun 4 04:24:02 GMT 1998

On Thu, Jun 04, 1998 at 02:55:59AM +1000, Tim wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Could someone offer some pointers on how I could get my samba server at
>the house to be viewable from my network at work which is already attached
>to the internet. I've added a remote announce entry at the samba server at
>home, but I'm not sure what else needs to be done, or if this is in fact
>the way to go about doing this?

You really don't want to do this because the Microsoft systems are
extremely vulnerable to attack when ports 137-139 are open.  People
who know what they're doing can easily get to your entire hard drive,
crash your systems with BSOD, etc.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

Government spending?  I don't know what it's all about.  I don't know
any more about this thing than an economist does, and, God knows, he
doesn't know much.
		-- Will Rogers