redirector timeout (actually sun y2k)

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Thu Jul 2 12:50:26 GMT 1998

Gregory Hosler <greg at camelot.eno.ericsson.se> wrote:
> Everything was running smoothly, and then I applied the solaris "y2k" patches.
> Now, most accesses to samba will hang for a minute or 2, before completing. In
> the event log I see messages like:
>
>         The redirector has times out a request to <server name>
>
> This did not used to happen. This is very puzzling, and quite annoying, to
> have to wait 1 to 2 minutes for a directory or file access (each directory
> or file access).

	Has anyone adressed this yet?
	In particular, has it been raised with Sun?
	(http://wwwwswest2.sun.com/y2000/survey.html)

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb at hobbes.ss.org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb