redirector timeout (actually sun y2k)

Gregory Hosler greg at camelot.eno.ericsson.se
Tue Jul 7 08:57:47 GMT 1998

Been on holiday for the past 10 days / 2 wks, so did not get a chance to
follow-up on this sooner.

The problem was that when we applied the y2k patches, the patches overwrote the
nfsd rc startup file, defaulting the nfsd simultaneous connection count to 16

as we are in a heavily nfs'ed environment, our older netd/nfsd rd startup file
had previously had this count upped to 32 or higher. once we reset this from 16
to 32, our timeouts became a thing of the past.

regards,

-Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <greg at camelot.eno.ericsson.se>
Date: 07-Jul-98
Time: 16:24:528

"And where were you at 00:00:00 GMT, January 1, 1970?"

--
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.