browse lists

Tom Vandepoel tom at netvision.be
Thu Feb 26 14:34:03 GMT 1998

Hi,

I was just wondering if there's a way to limit what's in the browse list
that nmbd announces. Could nmbd be made to filter out
certain machines? It's just that our local browse list is cluttered with
NT workstations running the server service. I've done the rounds and
turned these off manually, but people keep on enabling them. It seems
the only other alternative is to put a gun to their head...
Anyone done this before? (browse list filtering, I mean ;-)

Tom.

--

                      | Tom Vandepoel
                      | Sr.Network Engineer