Password validation.

James Richardson James.Richardson at WellmanInc.com
Thu Feb 26 14:00:27 GMT 1998

Greetings:

I have been running SAMBA 1.9.16p1 under HP-UX 9.04 quite well for some
time. I have in the smb.conf
security = server
encrypt passwords = yes
workgroup = XX1

where XX1 is the name of our NT domain.
Everything works as it should, passwords are being validated by our NT
servers.

The scenario which has just happened: Users at other sites in my company
now need access to my samba systems. These users are members of other NT
Domains and are unknown by XX1. There is a trust relationship between the
local NT Domain and the foreign NT Domain. I don't know much about NT
Domains, but hopefully it is clear what I am trying to do.

Is there another solution to this problem beside maintaining a smbpasswd
file myself on the UNIX server?

TIA.

James Richardson
System Administrator