School-lab and security

Sandro Dentella sandro at pcco2.mi.infn.it
Tue Feb 24 22:17:40 GMT 1998

Hi everybody,

  I recently started teaching physics in a school: we have a lab with several
computer, a novell netware system and NO ONE to run it: result no one even
understand how to change the passwd and so on (is not teacher's job, they call
assistance for that ;-(

  I would like to put samba instead (I use it at the universuty and know how
to run it):

  1. Is there something I loose?
  2. Is there a way to lock the configuration of win95 so thay the students
     cannot change it at they're will? This second question is not direcly
     related to samba but is *very* important to us: which is solution at
     these problems in win95 "logic"?

Thanks in advance

sandro
*:-)