Can't use my Solaris passwd

Byer, Dave (NLC-EX) daveb at nlc.com
Tue Feb 24 21:03:14 GMT 1998

	Hi,
	Let me start off by saying that I am not a C programmer nor am I
a unix guru. But I hope you can still help me with the problem I am
having. I was able to get samba914 working on SunOs 4.1.4 fine. It was
pre-compiled and I just had to make minor changes. Now I am trying to
get Samba working on Solaris 2.5.1. I copied my pre-compiled samba914
onto my Solaris system and setup the smb.conf file. I'm using win95 on
the client side. I can access my public share, but I cannot access homes
or any share where I say:
	public = no
	users = <username>

	It will prompt me for a password, but does not accept my unix
password, or any other password for that matter. Any advice or input on
this matter would be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks
	daveb