Solaris ACLs & Samba

Steen Jensen sj at kom.auc.dk
Thu Feb 5 07:26:50 GMT 1998

davidb> > Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:48:29 +0100 (MET)
davidb> > From: Steen Jensen <sj at kom.auc.dk>
davidb> > To: samba at samba.anu.edu.au
davidb> > Subject: Support for Solaris ACL?
davidb> > Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.980204171608.792O-0000 at vaz.kom.auc.dk>
davidb> >
davidb> > I need to setup permissions for a bunch of files, that's a bit more
davidb> > complex, then possible with traditional UNIX permissions. I can set the
davidb> > permissions exactly right, by using the ACL's in Solaris 2.5.
davidb>
davidb> We have a free add-on package that we are using for our clients to
davidb> give much more flexibility with the standard Unix permissions.
davidb> The package is a set of modified source code modules, and
davidb> additional source code modules which we developed ourselves.  It
davidb> may achieve what you need.  It's called "Sambafolders".
davidb>
davidb> There is potential to add ACL support to this code.  I have access
davidb> to Solaris, so it may be quite easy to do if need be.
davidb>
davidb> Contact me if you need more information.

Sounds good, where can I find it? I would like to look at it.

Is it compatible with the latest Samba release?

Steen Jensen                                 System & net administrator
Aalborg University			     e-mail: sj at kom.auc.dk
Institute of Electronic Systems
Department of Communication Technology