Solaris ACLs & Samba

David Bullock davidb at loftuscomp.com.au
Thu Feb 5 00:22:17 GMT 1998

> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:48:29 +0100 (MET)
> From: Steen Jensen <sj at kom.auc.dk>
> To: samba at samba.anu.edu.au
> Subject: Support for Solaris ACL?
>
> I need to setup permissions for a bunch of files, that's a bit more
> complex, then possible with traditional UNIX permissions. I can set the
> permissions exactly right, by using the ACL's in Solaris 2.5.

We have a free add-on package that we are using for our clients to give
much more flexibility with the standard Unix permissions.  The package
is a set of modified source code modules, and additional source code
modules which we developed ourselves.  It may achieve what you need.
It's called "Sambafolders".

There is potential to add ACL support to this code.  I have access to
Solaris, so it may be quite easy to do if need be.

Contact me if you need more information.

David Bullock
Loftus Computing Services
Adelaide, South Australia