nobody nobody

Sanborn, Ed esanborn at northc.com
Fri Dec 11 21:56:56 GMT 1998

Occasionally files get created with Unix permissions of
uid = nobody
gid = nobody

Logging out of NT and then relogging back in re-establishing
Samba network-mapped drives fixes things so that new files created
are created with correct permissions but why does this happen
in the first place.  It's a real pain for users and me 'cause I have to
remove the weird files that get created with nobody/nobody permissions.

Help!

-Ed

Ed Sanborn                (978) 691-6496
Northchurch Communications Inc.
5 Corporate Drive
Andover, MA. 01810    Fax (978) 691-6300
http://www.northc.com