Changing file permissions from NT

Carlos Henrique chenriq at homeshopping.com.br
Fri Dec 4 03:31:47 GMT 1998

> Dave Kirkby (davek at medphys.ucl.ac.uk)
> Thu, 03 Dec 1998 20:11:00 +0000
> We run a Network of Suns (running Samba) and PC-NT (version 4, sp3)
> machines, at work, and find it very annoying to be unable to change
the
> file permissions of files from NT on the Suns. Is there any way to
> change the permissions from NT file explorer or otherwise ?
>
> Dave Kirkby

    We have this problem too, and we sended this message to samba-bug:

Subject:     NT failing when giving permissions
   Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 1998 23:49:17 -0200
   From:     Carlos Henrique <chenriq at homeshopping.com.br>
     To:       "samba-bugs at samba.org.au" <samba-bugs at samba.org.au>

        Hi,
          I readed these mails in samba-ntdom list and I had the same
problem, but with:
        - Sun OS 4.1.4
        - Samba 2 beta 2
        - Win NT Wkst 4SP3 in Portuguese
        - Windows message: 0xc0000005, Address 0x778833aa

        Is it a bug?
        Have you any solution?

        Thank you.