Word 97 and permission problems

Paul L. Lussier plussier at BayNetworks.COM
Wed Aug 19 13:55:22 GMT 1998

> Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:08:30 -0400
> From: AJ Prowant <aj.prowant at ansys.com>
> To: "'samba at samba.anu.edu.au'" <samba at samba.anu.edu.au>
> Subject: Word 97 and permission problems> Question for Everyone,
>
>   We are running 1.9.18p8 on hpux 10.20.
>
>  This particular machine has a
> directory called docommon that is writable by anyone.  The problem we
> are having is that whenever someone opens a file with word 97, then
> saves it, they own the file and the permissions are -rw-r--r--.  Thus,
> no one else can open the file.  How can we make the files keep the
> -rw-rw-rw setting?

What about using the *mask settings in the smb.conf file? I have in a couple
of my files:

    	   create mask = 0774
     	   directory mask = 0775

and the directories that this "share" affects is set to 775 with the sgid bit
set.  So far we haven't had any problems.
--

Seeya,
Paul
plussier at baynetworks.com
Broadband Technology Division - Bay Networks (now a Nortel Company, Ay! :)