SAMBA digest 1777

Mark Hazen mhazen at franklin.uga.edu
Thu Aug 13 02:13:58 GMT 1998

>Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:00:20 -0400
>From: "Eric Gurevitz" <gurevitz at cs.umd.edu>
>
> I use samba mostly for printing. On NT server you can install the
necessary
>print drivers for 95, NT, etc so that when a user connects to a printer it
>automatically downloads the correct driver. Is there anyway to do this with
>samba?

Yes, but not under NT. This is in the documentation that comes with SAMBA,
in the docs directory, in a file called "PRINTER_DRIVER.txt".

Regards,

-mh.
----
   . _+m"m+_"+_   Mark Hazen    Network Administrator, Dean's Office
d' Jp     qh qh             The Franklin College of Arts & Sciences
Jp  O       O  O             The University of Georgia (706)542-1546
Yb  Yb     dY dY
O   "Y5m2Y"  "     even the mightiest wave starts out as a ripple.
  "Y_           why make waves when it's easier to nurture ripples?