Network Neighborhood comment fields and Samba

Mark Hazen mhazen at franklin.uga.edu
Thu Aug 13 02:18:02 GMT 1998

>From: "Paul L. Lussier" <plussier at BayNetworks.COM>
>Subject: Network Neighborhood comment fields and Samba
>
>The problem I'm encountering is that the only comment I see is that of the
>what is listed in the main smb.conf file:

Have you tried commenting that string out in your smb.conf file, and letting
the string be set first in the individual configs? That'd be my first
suggestion. My guess is also (just guessing) that either the included file
is getting parsed before the line in the smb.conf file, or SAMBA is
intentionally ignoring recurring comments.

Regards,

-mh.
----
   . _+m"m+_"+_   Mark Hazen    Network Administrator, Dean's Office
d' Jp     qh qh             The Franklin College of Arts & Sciences
Jp  O       O  O             The University of Georgia (706)542-1546
Yb  Yb     dY dY
O   "Y5m2Y"  "     even the mightiest wave starts out as a ripple.
  "Y_           why make waves when it's easier to nurture ripples?