Failure to execute programs from a mapped drive letter on a samba server

Adam Snodgrass support at atomic.net
Mon Aug 10 23:06:07 GMT 1998

Hello,

I have a strange situation.  I have a Linux machine running samba 1.9.18p8,
serving a mix of NT Workstation 4.0 and Windows 95 clients.  In general,
things have worked flawlessly, with one exception: none of the clients are
able to execute programs stored on these shares.  Full reading and writing
to the shares is possible; and even though I cannot see how it would be
relevant, the execute bits are set to all files.  I can provide needed
portions of my smb.conf file as needed.  Any suggestions or comments are
most welcome.

Regards,
Adam Snodgrass