Parallel setups

Dave Horsfall dave at fgh.geac.com.au
Tue Aug 11 09:43:01 GMT 1998

During converting a client from one machine to another, I need to run
Samba on both versions.  The snag is, for various reasons I need to keep
the same hostname on both machines (they refer to each other by different
names. and do not use DNS).  If it helps, it's Solaris 2.5.1 & 2.6, and
the Samba is 1.9.17p4.  How can I make them both visible, uniquely, whilst
retaining the same host name i.e. is there a way to override the host
name?  If it also helps, the clients are NT (NT4, I think), and my only
knowledge of NT (and indeed SMB) is the spelling thereof (I'm a Unix
bigot)...

In other words, I want to advertise the same workgroup, say "X", appearing
to come from machines "Y" and "Z", whilst being able to pick between them.

--
Dave Horsfall VK2KFU  dave at geac.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9978-7493 Fx: +61 2 9978-7422
Geac Computers P/L (FGH Division) 2/57 Christie St, St Leonards 2065, Australia