Group information lost when security=server

Tom Pinkl tom at hbsrx.com
Wed Apr 29 15:06:32 GMT 1998

Steve Francis <steve.francis at commserv.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> I have a samba install, samba-1.9.18p4, with security=server.  Users are
> validated against the NT domain controller correctly, and user accounts
> do exist on the unix box (AIX 4.2.1)
>
> Problem is that while the uid of the files that users create is correct,
> the group id is always sys, even though the users have as primary gid
> STAFF.
[snip]

Is the set-group-id bit set on the directory and is the directory
group owned by sys?  I believe AIX defaults to setting this bit on
newly created directories.  To fix:

# chmod g-s <directory-name>

--
Thomas J. Pinkl                         738 Louis Drive
Unix Systems Programmer                 Warminster, Pa 18974