Amiga Samba file format?

Steve Fosdick fosdicsj at aom.bt.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 13:27:50 GMT 1998

"Rask Ingemann Lambertsen" <rask at kampsax.k-net.dk> wrote:

> However, in the other direction (i.e.at PC GUI drag a Unix file
> from Unix share and drop it onto an Amiga share) this copy results
> in a file that my httpd on the Amiga can't read (in the case of
> GIF files; html are OK). It gives me "illegal file type" errors. If
> I use diff the file is identical to the original, and multiview can
> still read it and view it.

Does the Amiga have extra file type information like the Apple
Macintosh, i.e. does it have a mechanism for determining the file
other than inspecting the file extension.  If so maybe that is
not being set correctly.

Steve Fosdick                  Internet: fosdicsj at aom.bt.co.uk
Voice: +44 1473 642987         MSMAIL:   BTEA/BTLIP23/FOSDICSJ
Fax:   +44 1473 646656         BOAT:     FOSDICSJ
Snail: B29/G34, BT Labs, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 7RE, England.