logging out hangs win95 consistently

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Sep 10 19:56:50 GMT 1997

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Tim Winders wrote:

> I am seeing the SAME problem... but there is no Samba in the picture.  I
> have this problem with NT4.0sp3, Netware 4.11, Netware 4.10, Netware 3.12.
> I have been working on this issue for several months.  I noticed a HUGE
> increase in this problem this summer/fall when we got in most of our new
> Win95 B systems.  I think there is something in Win95 B which is causing
> this issue.   In 7 of our labs, we did not have this problem when using
> Win95a, but now with Win95 B it is a huge problem!  It also seems to be a
> bigger problem when there are multiple computers logged in with the same
> name...

like i mentioned earlier, if you log out the same user from two machines
simultaneously, you can get a reproducible case where one of the machines
will hang.

> I would LOVE to get this resolved (I have about 800 PCs and most of them
> are having this problem).  If anyone else has any idea, PLEASE, lets work
> together...

ok.

at this point, given that you are seeing this with NO samba servers
involved, i think it might be time for someone to give microsoft a call,
or to see if this issue has been covered on any of the KB or other
documentation.

i can't believe that it hasn't been experienced before, and reported to
microsoft as a bug.

luke