logging out hangs win95 consistently

Tim Winders twinders at spc.cc.tx.us
Wed Sep 10 19:08:20 GMT 1997

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Tim Winders wrote:
>
> > I am seeing the SAME problem... but there is no Samba in the picture.  I
> > have this problem with NT4.0sp3, Netware 4.11, Netware 4.10, Netware 3.12.
>
> like i mentioned earlier, if you log out the same user from two machines
> simultaneously, you can get a reproducible case where one of the machines
> will hang.

Yes, but, if I am logged in at two computers and try to logout from only 1
of them, the machine will lockup almost 100% of the time.

> at this point, given that you are seeing this with NO samba servers
> involved, i think it might be time for someone to give microsoft a call,
> or to see if this issue has been covered on any of the KB or other
> documentation.

Microsoft has a KB on Troublshooting Shutdown Problems, but none of the
issues are related to networking.  The fixes presented in the document do
not fix the problem.

> i can't believe that it hasn't been experienced before, and reported to
> microsoft as a bug.

Neither can I, but...  I have posted a message to the Win95-L but received
NO responses.  It seems to me to be a Win95 BUG, but, with OSR2.1 you HAVE
to go to the vendor for support.  I have tried to call Microsoft and I was
told that is an OEM product and to call the vendor...

|  Tim Winders, CNE              |  Email:  twinders at spc.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |