Connecting to samba-1.9.17p4 as non-administrator

Ernie Oporto ernie_oporto at MENTORG.COM
Fri Oct 31 01:59:26 GMT 1997

I have a Win95 machine that I am trying to connect to a Samba share.  When I
log in as administrator, I can connect to any and all samba shares just
fine.  When I log onto the PC as a normal user, it asks for a password and
rejects them all.  The logs say "server xyz rejected password" for each of
these attempts.  This server has SP3 and I *do* have the encryption stuff
compiled in.  I am using "security=server".

This used to work fine with samba-1.9.17, but since upgrading my normal
users can't log in.  I have the encryption stuff compiled and configured
right as far as 1.9.17 is concerned.  Were there any configuration changes
between 1.9.17 and 1.9.17p1?  Anything after (and including) 1.9.17p1 has
not worked for me because of this.

Someone please help.  I can't find anything about this and my users have not
been able to connect to any servers running the 1.9.17p4 version. HELP!!