Printing out of a DOS-Box from WIN311 to a Networkprinter

Ralf Brinkmann R.Brinkmann at bielefeld.netsurf.de
Mon Nov 24 17:08:44 GMT 1997

Printing out of a DOS-Box from WIN311 to a Networkprinter

On serveral PCs we work with a nearly 10 jears old DOS-Software
(DLOG - NC-Programming). This Software only knows one printer
(LPT1).
With “net use lpt:1 \\server\printer“ and “net use lpt1:
/disable“ we can switch the printout between server and desktop
printer.
When the DOS software has finnished printing unfortunately it
lasts nearly 60 seconds until the printer connected to the
server (Samba-1.9.17p? and Linux 2.0.30) starts printing.
Adding and changing the parameter  “PrintBufTime“ in section
[NETWORK] of file “SYSTEM.INI“ has no effect.
Which screw is to turn either on client or on server side to
shorten the time we must wait until the network printer starts?

Ralf Brinkmann