Recompiled kernel - lost samba drives

Tom Jenkins TomJenkins at zentuit.com
Mon Nov 24 14:56:27 GMT 1997

(sorry if this is a duplicate - I have not seen my first posting from Sunday)

Hey folks,
I'm a newbie to Linux & samba but I did get it working <g>.
I did my first kernel compile today (to 2.0.32) and now I can't access the
linux drives. I'm connecting from WinNT 4.0 and in network neighborhood I
see the linux box.  But when I access it I just see the printers folder -
no public, username directories (folders).  Is there something in the make
config that I may have missed that is critical to samba?  I noticed that my
new kernel is smaller than the RedHat 4.2 installed kernel.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Tom Jenkins

For PGP Public Key send message with GET PGP KEY in Subject