NT Workstation can not access shares

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Nov 18 14:09:03 GMT 1997

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Dave wrote:

>   This is an NT, not SAMBA, problem, but I don't know who else to ask.

hi dave,

it's an NT->Samba interaction issue, which makes it our problem to deal
with.

my first suggestion to you would be to compile up 1.9.17p4, but not to
overwrite your 1.9.16p11 installation with it.  this is because 16p11 is
quite old (relatively speaking - i have a goldfish / context-sensitive memory
that forgets things in a couple of days...) but you don't want to disrupt
your installation should you get the NT portable back exactly as it was.

then run 1.9.17p4 with the same smb.conf you use on 16p11, see what happens.

if that fails, then run with a high debug level, and examine the log.smb
file for SMBsesssetupX's and error messages.  basically, see the docs
directory DIAGNOSIS.txt and BUGS.txt files for suggestions.

please keep in touch, and let us know how you get on.

regards,

luke