smbd can not be started ?

Hongwei Li hongwei at morpheus.wustl.edu
Thu Nov 13 16:08:30 GMT 1997

Thanks for your advice.  I checked my original inetd.conf and found that
a "default" smbd and nmbd are already there, but just don't provide the
real services -- I can not browse from PCs.  Maybe there is a way to let
the default smbd and nmbd know my smb.conf, but I just don't know.  So,
I simply comment them out in inetd.conf, and restart my smbd and nmbd
(1.9.17p4), then IT WORKS!  I am not sure if this is the best way to do
it, but just want to share it with other people who have the same
problem.

Hongwei