MS Office 4.3

Elias Rangel erangel at ns.ulat.ac.pa
Tue Nov 11 10:53:25 GMT 1997

I´ve installed MS Office 4.3 on a Samba share using administrative setup
(setup /a) so that I can use Workstation Setup to prepare the client
machines (Win 95) to run the apps from the server.

It works fine, but if I use the "Close all programs and log on as
different user?" option in the Shut Down menu when one of the apps is
running (Word, Excel, etc.) I get the following error:

	Error
	An application running across the network, did
	not shut down completely. Windows will restart.

I can live with that, but it´s annoying.  I´m quite sure that it´s a Win
95 problem, but I don´t have Win 3.11 clients to try it out. I would
appreciate any help or tips on how to fix this.

Here is a copy of the setup for the MS Office share

[msoffice]
   comment = MS Office 4.3
   path = /apps/msoffice
   read only = yes
   available = yes
   share modes = no
   locking = no
   browseable = yes
   public = yes

I could also use some tips on how to setup Access with Samba; do I have to
create a share for the \ACCESS\WORKDIR directory?

thanx

elias...