NET USE timeout again

Koller,Anthony kollera at titmuss-dechert.com
Mon Nov 3 07:53:00 GMT 1997

I sent this to the list last week - sending it again in the hope that
someone will have some ideas!

I have just started running Samba 1.9.16p2 on a microvax VMS 5.5

I can access it ok from NT clients, however 95 clients often timeout with
network not responding messages. Looking into this a bit deeper it appears
that WIN 95 NET USE times out after only 10 seconds - and the Vax takes
about this time to get its smbd working! NT doesn't seem to have the same
timeout.

Anyone know how I can change my 95 clients to increase this timeout? Surely
there is a registry parameter somewhere but I can't find it!

Thanks.

Regards

Anthony Koller           Direct Tel: +44 (0)171 775 7842
IT Systems Manager       Direct Fax: +44 (0)171 583 3989
Titmuss Sainer Dechert   Email: KollerA at titmuss-dechert.com
-------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY The information in this e-mail and any attachment
is confidential.  It is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.

Titmuss Sainer Dechert
2 Serjeants Inn, London, EC4Y 1LT
Tel +44 (0)171 583 5353
Fax +44 (0)171 353 3683/2830

A list of partners is available for inspection at the above address.