NT 4.0 Client and Win95 clients and browsing problems in general.

Mark L Roberts mlroberts at dow.com
Thu Jul 31 19:20:10 GMT 1997

I am using samba-1.9.16p11 and have not been able to make browsing work from my
9.04 HP where it is on a switched ethernet segement alone.  I have tried many
combinations including remote announce to networks as well as Our NT Domain
Server/ Win Servers.  All to no avail.  I am sure there is some key point I am
missing.  In fact my clients have to have DNS turned on in addition to WINS in
order to see me at all with the \\server in run command.  All clients use dhcp
which is not linked to dns by the way.  All traffic to NT servers is over IP.
Any ideas????   Thanks Before Hand

--
Mark L. Roberts					Phone 517-636-7570
Comprehensive Systems Inc.			Fax 517-636-1952
--at Dow Chemical Company--			email mlroberts at dow.com
CMIS for BA&SP and ASL
1776 Building, Midland, MI 48674
				Open Systems forever
				Christianity is an open system not proprietary
				all are welcome who acknowledge Christ and his
				specs and try to follow them!