NT 4.0 Client and Win95 clients and browsing problems in general.

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Thu Jul 31 21:50:29 GMT 1997

At 05:24 AM 8/1/97 +0000, Mark L Roberts wrote:
>I am using samba-1.9.16p11 and have not been able to make browsing work
from my
>9.04 HP where it is on a switched ethernet segement alone.

I've run it on both HP-UX 9.04 (E-800) and 10.03 (I-370) with no problem.
Are you sure that you are running 'nmbd' ? With switching, you shouldn't
have to run 'remote announce'. Does local browsing work? If not then you
need to look at your install again.

        Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc.
                       Colorado Springs, CO - Livermore, CA - Morgan Hill,
CA
                     Roeland M.J. Meyer (RM993)
e-mail:			rmeyer at mhsc.com
Personal-pages:	http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer