Cross subnet domain logins

Matthew Geier matthew at law.usyd.edu.au
Fri Jul 25 01:26:55 GMT 1997

 I have two sites, which are seperated by a campus network. Even with the new
'browse fix' release, I cannot convice the win 3.11 machines to do a domain
login to the server in the other subnet. A single win95 machine in the subnet
does every thing fine, domain login, network neighbourhood, the works. The
win 3.11 machines can browse for shares on the remote server and connect
fine - they just cant find a domain controller.

 The main server is running alpha3 under Solaris. The remote subnet has
a linux machine also running alpha3 acting as a printer server. The whole
browse list collation thing seems to be working great otherwise.

Matthew Geier,                          matthew at law.usyd.edu.au
Computer Systems Manager,               +61 2 9351 0214
Law School, University of Sydney        +61 2 9351 0200 (fax)