directory restore

Tom Felbinger felbinger at trinet.com
Tue Jul 15 21:02:15 GMT 1997

I saw a similar posting to the archive digest back in May, but did not
see/find a follow up.

I'm able to restore an entire share or a single file, but I'm not able to
restore a directory tree.  I've tried smbtar, command line tar options to
smbclient, and smbclient interactively.  Each produces the same results.

$ smbtar -s server -u user -p password -x share -t file.tar -r -v <dir>
total of 0 tar files restored to share

$ smbclient \\\\server\\share -U user%password -N -Tx file.tar <dir>
total of 0 tar files restored to share

$ smbclient \\\\server\\share -U user%password -N
smb: \> tar x file.tar <dir>
total of 0 tar files restored to share

restore the single file.

Using the I option instead of <dir> also produces the same results.  Use
of wildcards (/* or /*.*) doesn't help either.

Any help/suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,

Tom Felbinger
TriNet Services, Inc.
(919)833-2247 x250