resetting printer after job removal

Celso Kopp Webber celsinho at inf.ufsc.br
Tue Jul 15 20:38:41 GMT 1997

	Does anyone know how can I reset my printers when a job is
removed? The problem is that when Win95 users remove a job from their
print queue viewer, the print job gets successfully removed from the
server, but the printer is leaved in a waiting state for more input. The
only way is to turn off the printer, then turn it on again.

	Here goes my print command from smb.conf (the -h switch
in the lpr command supresses a blank page after the job):
   print command = lpr -h -P%p %s; rm %s
;   the print command to send things to LPD

System: RedHat Linux 4.2 (kernel 2.0.30)
Machine: Pentium 133, 64 MB RAM, 4 GB SCSI disk

	Thanks for any idea.

	Celso.

Stolen from an Internet user:
"f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"

| Celso Kopp Webber                                  |
| e-mail: celsinho at inf.ufsc.br                       |
| Federal University of Santa Catarina               |
| Florianopolis-SC         Brazil                    |