Samba/Amiga smbclient?

Chris Ryan Chris.Ryan at dem.csiro.au
Tue Dec 16 11:47:03 GMT 1997

Hi Rask,

I installed the GG ls, as you suggested, and some other directory commands (rm, dir,
..) as well, into amitcp:samba/bin. BIN: is assigned to this. My path looks here
first before amitcp:bin.

I still get no action for mput *, with recurs on, and mask *. Also, lcd prints nothing
as well.

Can you suggest anything else? Am I missing something else, perhaps?

Cheers, Chris.

On 15 Dec 97 16:22:07 +0100 you wrote about "Re: Samba/Amiga smbclient?" ...

> Den 12-Dec-97 14:05:25 skrev Chris Ryan fxlgende om "Samba/Amiga smbclient?":
> > Hi Rask,
>
> > Thanks for your previous advice. Can I trouble you with another question
> > (I've had no luck through the Samba mailing list)?
>
> Actually, I just posted the answer there. Because the winter exams just
> started here at DTU, I haven't been following the mailing lists and Usenet
> closely.
>
> > I assume that the Amiga ls is used to build a list of files to copy. I have
> > tested single file transfer, and mkdir as well - both work.
>
> Install the Geekgadgets ls (from the fileutils archive) and it should work.
> The output format is slightly different.
>
> Regards,
>
> /////////////////////////////////T///////////////////////////////////////\
> | Rask Ingemann Lambertsen       | E-mail: mailto:rask at kampsax.dtu.dk    |
> | Registered Phase5 developer    | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
> | A4k/604e, 44 MB, 3 GB, Ariadne
| "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC  |
> |         Windows NT: The worlds only 80 megabyte Solitare game!         |

|  Dr. Chris Ryan                                                             |
|  CSIRO Exploration and Mining         email: c.ryan at syd.dem.csiro.au        |
|  51 Delhi Road (PO box 136)           phone: +61-2-9490 8673                |
|  North Ryde NSW 2113                    fax: +61-2-9490 8909                |
|  Australia.                           Please note telephone change!         |
|  WWW (Me): http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/unrestricted/people/RyanChris/       |
|  WWW (Proton Probe):                                                        |
|      http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/hydrothermal/chris/PM_main.html   |
|  WWW (Cu-Au group): http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/hydrothermal/      |
|  WWW (Mantle Petrology group): http://www.syd.dem.csiro.au/research/mantle/ |