SUMMARY: netbios-ns address already in use?

Tim Winders twinders at spc.cc.tx.us
Thu Dec 4 03:36:20 GMT 1997

My original message follows...

Well, it would seem that my problem was that nmbd was somehow running as a
daemon.  Looking at the process IDs the first nmbd had a parent process of
1, not as the ID of inetd.  I don't know HOW that happened, the only place
nmbd is referenced is inetd.conf.  I killed the main nmbd process, sent a
HUP signal to inetd, nmbd started again and I haven't had a problem in
over 5 hours (where I was getting the message every 10 minutes before).
So, I guess everything is now OK.  Strange...

|  Tim Winders, CNE              |  Email:  twinders at spc.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |