Am I doing something wrong...

Alan Halachmi halacha at montgomerybell.com
Thu Aug 28 21:49:10 GMT 1997

I impose quotas upon the students at my school.  Therefore, it is critical
that when students use samba, their files be given _THEIR_ uid and group.
I'm not sure if I've missed something, or maybe because my account isn't
setup normally, but when I drag-and-drop to my samba server, I get the
correct group, but not the correct uid.  Attached is my smb.conf.

You're help is appreciated!
-Alan
P.S. - I use a Solaris 2.5 (x86) system

workgroup = ARGUS

[global]
	browseable = yes
	lock directory = /opt/local/packages/SYSsamba/var/locks
	domain logons = yes
	logon script = %U.bat
	security = USER
	wins support = yes
	preferred master = yes
	os level = 2
	domain master = yes
	guest account = guest
	password server = ARGUS
	username map = /opt/local/packages/SYSsamba/lib/users.map
	hosts allow = 207.234.44., 129.59.9.
	map system = no
	map hidden = no

[netlogon]