DOS copying in 1.9.17

Andrew Speakman A.Speakman at ich.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 08:38:34 GMT 1997

Just upgraded to the latest version of SAMBA (from 16p9 to 1.9.17)

Under Windows for Workgroups I now find that DOS COPY commands of
the following form dont't work:-
	COPY S:\DIRECTORY\FILE C:\
they produce the following error:-
	General failure reading drive S:
(where S: is a network drive attached using NET USE)

Note that there is no problem when copying files using Windows and that
the problem does not occur in a DOS box under Windows 95.

Also if I CD into the required directory the COPY works i.e.
	S:
	CD DIRECTORY
	COPY FILE C:\

I noticed the problem because there is a COPY command in my LOGIN.BAT.
Any suggestions?

Andrew Speakman                                  Unit Manager
Information Systems Unit     http://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/isunit/
Institute of Child Health      Tel +44 (0)171 242 9789 x 2624
30 Guilford Street                          Fax 0171 242 1324
London WC1N 1EH               mailto:a.speakman at ich.ucl.ac.uk