out of processes

Eloy A. Paris eparis at ven.ra.rockwell.com
Tue Aug 19 18:05:45 GMT 1997

Hi,

Johnny Nordman <johnny.nordman at z.lst.se> wrote:

: 1. Is this a known problem?

I really don't know, but I don't think so. Try searching the mail
archives.

: 2.  Should I upgrade to a later Samba-version?

I would recommend so even though the Samba version is not the cause
of the problem.

: 3.  Maybe  increasing maxuser in /etc/system should solve the problem?
: But it does not feel like the correct way to solve the problem.

This could help since this parameter has a direct impact on the max.
number of processes and files. If you are serving 100+ Windows machines
chances are you have lots of smbd processes. Can you see how many
processes you have just before you have to reboot you machine (use
the ps command)?

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris