Different times on VMS and Windows for a file

Albrecht Schlosser ajs856 at tiscali.de
Wed Jan 5 09:28:13 GMT 2005

Michael Mazzoni wrote:
> Environment:  VMS v7.3 on an Alpha, Samba-VMS v2.2.8.

Maybe the TCP/IP stack could also be important, but see below.
> My questions are:
>

> 1)       is this a Samba-VMS problem?
>
> 2)       if so, how do I fix it?
>
> 3)       what is the format for POSIX$DEFAULT_TZ?
>
> 4)       can someone post TIMEZONE_RULE.TXT or tell me where I can find it?
>
> 5)       searching all the .c files in v2.8.8 doesn't find
> SYS$TIMEZONE_RULE,
>
>             so how is the time differential handled?

I can't answer your questions, but please try the following and look for
the "time differential factor". You can configure it, if something is
wrong, with the same procedure. For me, the times are okay.

$ @sys$manager:utc$time_setup "" show

AUTO_DLIGHT_SAV is set to "0" and DTSS is not in use.
You will have to manually change to/from Daylight Saving Time.

You can do this by executing SYS$MANAGER:UTC$TIME_SETUP.COM,
or you can use SYS$EXAMPLES:DAYLIGHT_SAVING.COM.

  LOCAL TIME ZONE          = MET -- STANDARD TIME
  LOCAL SYSTEM TIME        =  5-JAN-2005 10:20:35.35 (MET)
  TIME DIFFERENTIAL FACTOR = 1:00
  TIME ZONE RULE           = MET-1MET DST-2,M3.4.0/02,M10.5.0/03
  Change MET to MET on the Fourth Sunday of March (27-Mar-2005) at 02:00
  Change MET to MET on the Last Sunday of October (30-Oct-2005) at 03:00

If this doesn't help, please post the results of the shown command.

BTW: did you check your PC's time zone setup?

Albrecht