Problem file lookup on 2.2.7a Alpha

martin.philippi at bayerbbs.com martin.philippi at bayerbbs.com
Mon Feb 24 16:10:32 GMT 2003

Hi evereybody,

I successfully installed Samba 2.2.7a on an AlphaServer GS140 running OpenVMS
7.2-2
All things I've tested look fine, except one problem :

First I connect my homeshare. Looks great, I can see all my files.

Then, I rename a file on OpenVMS for example $ RENAME TEST.TXT TEST1.TXT

Then I refresh the view from the Windows explorer and nothing changes.
No new file test1.txt appears. Instead I still see a file named test.txt.
When I now try to open this file, a message says, that this file can not be
found.

Can anyone reproduce this problem ? or do I have to change some options ?!?!

Have a nice day
Martin Philippi